Paul has over 16 years domestic and international experience in the private and public sectors as a leader, trainer, crisis management and business continuity practitioner and security risk analyst. Following 12 years as an Infantry Officer in the Australian Army, Paul has provided security and risk consultancy services to the IT, Mining and Defence sectors in Australia, South East Asia and Central America. Paul’s practical experiences have been supplemented with extensive tertiary study. He holds Masters in Business and Project Management and tertiary qualifications in Security and Risk Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Communication and Vocational Instruction. He is currently undertaking a Masters in Terrorism, Safety and Security.
Mike Krause – Agribusiness Sustainability Associate
Mike is a quality provider of applied economic consulting to agricultural and rural based projects, with more than 25 years agribusiness advisory and consulting experience, encompassing the following areas:
- agribusiness feasibility studies;
- costs benefit analyses;·valuation of research projects and their financial impact on the rural economy;
- regional economic profiles and associated strategic planning implications;
- farmer business analyses in relation to sustainability, viability and best practice;
- implications of planning regulations for economic development, providing the economic profile of a region and describing the interaction between primary production, secondary production and employment. This requires knowledge of data sources, regional studies and the use of economic multipliers;
- conducting a cost sharing analysis with associated benefit costs consideration for combined private and public land-care projects;
- providing comment on the potential business impact of changes in planning regulations;
- valuing water as a resource to a region.
An Insurance and marketing services specialist with over 20 years experience across a range of industries including 15 years financial services, 8 in tourism, hospitality and 4 in technology. Cate has worked with leading global Home Loans Financial Services Company as Head of Cross Sell/Insurance. Focus was on development of strategy and methodology for the introduction and delivery of ancillary products to the retail mortgage broker network. Cate has also held the position of Local CEO, St George/Sutherland Shires for a Tier 1 Australian Bank, with 12 direct reports and 90 staff with responsibility for deposit funds of $550 million and mortgage funds of $900 million, total revenue of $11 million. One of Cate’s main strengths in the strategic marketing advisory world is that she has also worked for a number of years in the business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) eCommerce channels including development of value propositions, channel incentive programs, and marketing strategies both on and off line in the e-Commerce environment.
Dr Saman Heshmat – Medical Associate
Sam is an experienced medical practitioner and medical advisor to security projects in the Oil, Gas and Water and Civilian sectors, with more than 14 years specialist post graduate experience internationally. Sam’s experience, encompassing the following areas:
- Medical Crisis Leadership
- Command and Control Triage leadership and front line healthcare practices and procedures
- Medical Crisis and Disaster Recovery operations
- Medical Crisis Recovery simulation practices
- Kidnap and Ransom advisory and counseling
- Medical Security and management for start up venture
- Occupational Health Risk Analysis and implementation of “Zero Harm” safety programs
- Conflict Management
- Medical Evacuation planning and operations
- Remote medical management and support
Colin is a former chief political reporter for Channel 9 with 17 years experience as a political journalist in electronic and print media. Over 20 years in industry – in the areas of internal/external communication & media management and issues and crisis management. Colin has developed and delivered in-depth media training courses with a wide range of clientele including politicians and media advisors to government. Colin is also a regular guest lecturer with RMIT University for their communication courses.
Lawrence has a doctorate in mass communication, a bachelor of business administration and graduate diploma of education. A former NCO in the US Air Force with experience in their communications and PR division and an Australian citizen. Lectures in mass communication and media with NSW University of Technology.
Jim is an award winning former senior journalist and producer/presenter with Channel, 9 and Channel 10. Jim has delivered key media training programs for more than six years, with clients such as VECCI and Telstra. Jim has been a senior news and current affairs journalist over a 30-year career. He will bring extensive knowledge of how the media looks for a story and looks for the “who, what, when, where and why”. Jim is also a former Inspector with the New Zealand Police Force.
Rob as a former chief cameraman for GTV 9 and current free-lance photographer. Currently undertakes media training work with many of our clients.